Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Google Swirl

Google Swirl is a site I just found out about from one of my favorite blogs, Free Technology 4 Teachers. This is a new way (developed in Google Labs ;-) to search for images.

What I like so much about it is that after you type in a term, it gives you a list of thumbnails on top of stacks. It vaguely reminded me of how Time Machine looks when you are restoring a backup on a Mac. Once a thumbnail is clicked the real fun begins as a "wonder wheel" opens up (think Richard Pryor in the Toy). However, the image can be clicked even further to show how everything is linked together in a nice display of wheels.



Give Google Swirl a try by clicking here.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!