Monday, November 23, 2009

Inside a Cyber Studio: Kimberly Wright

Due to the popular response I've decided to issue two columns a week instead of one. I will post one at the beginning (monday/tuesday) of the week and then one at the end (friday). Otherwise, it would just take to long to get through all of them.
Keep in mind the questions might change from time to time (especially as technology changes), and I'm looking to provide other formats as well (audio/video).

I hope you all find this to be a fun/exciting journey as we get to learn a bit more about each other and why we love technology & education.

Kimberly Wright



  1. Where do you live? El Paso, Texas
  2. How long have you been working w/ technology/education? 4 years
  3. What OS/platform do you use for your work? Mac
  4. What is your favorite Web 2.0/21st Century tool and why? Plurk, it is my online university and has allowed me to connect with hundreds of educators around the world. I can virtually travel anywhere and I will find one of my plurk friends.
  5. What is the biggest misconception about technology? That it is more work than traditional methods.
  6. What are the biggest hurdles you face as a technology educator? Administration AND other reluctant educators.
  7. What has been your biggest success in technology integration? The individual successes of my students...including 100% achievement on standardized testing.
  8. What has been your biggest setback in technology integration? The lack of funding...there is so much we *could* do.
  9. Who/what has been your biggest inspiration in technology/education? Kevin Honeycutt and my Plurk PLN!!!
  10. Where do you see technology integration heading in the future? I see our students learning in virtual worlds...
Fun
  1. What is your favorite book? Eleven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo
  2. What is your favorite movie? Up
Next on Cyber Studio: Vanessa Joy Every

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I am a teacher in South Africa currently doing M.Ed in Adolescent Literacies and so going on huge journey of exploration regarding integrating technology into teaching. Your blog is inspiring and exciting, as well as giving me lots of 'goodies' to follow up on. Where are you proposing to do a Masters in Tech. Integration? I like the sound of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, thanks for the nice comments, I'm glad it can be a useful resource for educators.

    Jennifer Dorman suggested I look for an online master's in Instructional Technology.

    From Wilkes University...

    http://www.wilkes.edu/instructionalmedia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!